It's Not Enough to Have Just a Website When Marketing Online
Things are shrinking before our very eyes. Orange juice bottles, ice cream containers and toilet paper rolls. A phone book (if you still can find one around) is a mere fraction of the size it once was. How do you find a phone number now? Find a plumber? Hire a tutor? If you answered “I Google it” and your small business does not have a search engine optimized website, you may as well add your business website to the “has been” pile as well.
Social Media: Importance of having accurate, consistent, online listing on social sites and 3rd party directories
Critical information, like your accurate business name, phone number, website and physical address not only is important for all your owned media (your website, Facebook page, LinkedIn or Twitter account) but also can help benefit your business when in a third party online directory.
10 SEO Items You can do Yourself Right Now
To Boost Local Search for Your Business
- Check to see if your website is Google mobile-friendly. Go to: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
- Check to see if your website is Google mobile optimized. Go to: https://developers.google.com/webmasters/mobile-sites/
- Check to see if your website has been crawled & indexed. Google: Site:Techdesigno.com (example)
- Start a Blog
- Claim and Populate your GMB (Google MyBusiness Page) with your NAP +W
- Start and maintain a FB business page.
- Start and maintain a LinkedIn business page.
- Email me your profile for Powernetnj.com - http://techdesigno.com/contact-us.html
- Let’s have a Powernet testimonial swapping party.
- Contact John Mitrano at Techdesigno.com for help at 973-736-7973.
Why does my website need SEO?
This is the question that needs to be answered for website owners who are unfamiliar with SEO. It plays a very essential role in improving visibility of your website in organic search results.
"The majority of web traffic is driven by the major commercial search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. Although social media and other types of traffic can generate visits to your website, search engines are the primary method of navigation for most Internet users. This is true whether your site provides content, services, products, information, or just about anything else.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. This entails the process of getting traffic through organic or natural search results on major search engines like Bing, Google,Yahoo and much more. These search engines have primary search results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.
Why do you need SEO?
Search engine rankings and being visible in the organic search is very important for any website. The higher ranking in the search results will ensure more traffic to your website. Hence the need for search engine optimization. Search Engine Optimization means enhancing your webpages so that they are easily visible to the search engines thus boosting your rankings. The purpose of SEO is to create a great and useful user experience.